-Specific Program Requirement
MSc Reproductive Health
First Degree from a University recognized by the University of Benin in Medicine, Health, Natural and
Applied Sciences. with a minimum of Second Class Honours.
PhD Reproductive Health
MSc in Health Sciences or MPH from Universities recognized by the University of Benin.
MPH Public Health in Reproductive and Family Health
A First Degree in a Health related Science not below second class.
PhD in Public Health in Reproductive and Family Health
A Master Degree in Public Health or fields related to reproductive & Family Health
MSc Nursing Science (Reproductive Health)
First Degree in Nursing Sciences with a minimum of Second Class.
PhD Nursing Science (Reproductive Health)
An MSc Degree in Nursing Science with a weighted score of 60%.
MSc Health Economics
a). A Postgraduate Diploma in Economics related courses
b). A First Degree in Economics and relevant disciplines with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division
PhD Health Economics
- Hold M.Sc. degree (which includes coursework and research) in Health Economics, Health Management/Administration or Health Policy or in a related area from University of Nigeria or any other recognized University provided the University admission grades requirements of a minimum CPGA of 3.0/4.0 or 3.5/5.0 are
- In addition, a relevant working experience in Health Management and Policy matters will be an advantage.
-General Admission Requirements
- A Candidate for Postgraduate studies in the University of Benin must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents)
Note: A CREDIT PASS IN MATHEMATICS AND ENGLISH IS REQUIRED
- A holder of a pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the Postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. In addition, all holders of 3rd Class degree must possess PGD to be considered for admission into Masters programmes.
- A candidate who obtained Master’s degree butwith weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55.0-59% can only be considered for admission into the M.Phil Programme in the first instance.
- A candidate applying for the PhD in any programme of the University of Benin must have obtained a minimum of 60% in the Master’s Degree.
- V.A candidate applying for the PhD with Master’s Degree from any other University who in his/her Master’s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to the ones in the University of Benin shall on admission be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60%.
- Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate can be allowed to clear into the different courses.
Candidates should request for their transcript from their former institution and forward them academic transcript(s) to the “Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies”, to reach him not later than 8 weeks from the date of this publication. Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the school shall not be processed.
Candidates should print out the referee forms provided in the application page, fill and return directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Application shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
Note: Students are advised to always check the website for those courses that require written entrance examinations. Please make sure you indicate your e mail address/telephone numbers when applying.